Monday, August 19, 2013

Friday the 13th...

So the date is set... the girls are going to be born on Friday the 13th of September at 10:30am. They will be at Banner Desert Hosptial (the best possible place to be) We have a twin team at the ready who knows all that has gone on with the girls and they are so pleased with how they are doing we may only need limited time in NICU now. I am over the moon with joy that they have held out now 33 weeks. I go to the Dr. 2x a week now for NST / Doppler / fluid checks. I STILL think they are coming on the 4th of September but I have nothing to base that on other than that has been the date in my mind for a very long time... we shall see. I just started to get excited about the arrival. My Anxiety a little at bay but.... this is the most critical time for twins... 33-36 weeks... I know every day is precious and every day anything can happen. So I just try to keep on keeping on. Some funny twin pregnancy stuff as everything has been so serious.... I need to document the fun. 1 - I can no longer see my lady parts - no matter how hard I try to move the belly... I can't get around it. knowing I'm having a C-section I would like to help the Dr's in that area but.... other than go in blind to groom I have no choice but to allow for nature to take its course. 2 - Sleeping is no longer a luxury but a chore! One that I hate. Just getting my leg up on the bed is enough for me to fall into a fit of grunts and snufffly snarfs. I sound like a professional tennis player in the heat of Wimbledon while trying to roll over. 3 - The world can't make enough breathe right strips.. those things are saving my life and breath at the moment. One should be enough but 3 seems to do the trick a lot better... JJ thinks they are band-aids and you know what .... that's ok! 4 - Sitting down in the shower is awesome. I never thought I'd be part of the geriatric community but.. that tool is a whole new pleasure I've been missing out on. I may never give up my shower stool again! 5 - My feet and hands are swollen to the point of Fred Flinstone status. Shoes suck and obviously jewelery is a no no - My other pregnancies never had this type of drama. I'd much rather not leave the house than have to put on a pair of shoes.. So I stopped judging those ladies who wear slippers to the grocery store and joined them instead. 6 - Skin CAN really stretch this big... wonder upon wonder my skin has not ripped off.. feels like it it could but no... it actually grows. 7 - I like Hospital cafeteria food. yes.. yes I do .. never thought I'd say that... breakfast/lunch/dinner in bed that you order from a limited high calorie menu is delightful. I'm going to take FULL advantage of this when in recovery.. not like last time when I made my husband bring me my food... I'm going in full board on this gravy tater train..... my last hurrah! Things I've learned NOT to do while pregnant (thankfully this is my last one so I won't have to worry anymore) - sneeze - eat hot sauce - hurry - drop anything on the floor that you need ever unless you have a back up plan to pick it up

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are amazing!