Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1



May 1.. our day.. Our day to be mothers to those babies in heaven. Our day to talk about what it means to be a mother to a son or daughter in heaven. Our time to let everyone know that heaven is real and that bad things still can happen to good people. Yes our day to voice our wishes to have a day.. all our own.. to share with others and to join together the voice to be recognised as mothers.. in loss and in hope. For those of you who read this blog that also endure the cruelty of infertility and the shame of having NOT being recognised as a Mother.. I am truly sorry. I've had the support of an army to get me here.. 19 months later. To grieve out loud.. To voice my sorrow and my joy.. The choice to be happy in the face of all this LOSS is hard. But it is a choice... some days you have to bring your own sunshine.. Some days you have to stand in the rain alone and weep. All days you should stand proud that you are a mother.. you are a mother to an angel.. and you will one day parent that child along side your breast as you meet again.. May 1.. your angel wings fly from earth to reach your baby.. to touch his or her hand and simply kiss the soft face once more. Envision yourself a guide... to the greater good.. For all that there is.. always will be Love.

Joseph can you hear mommy? Thank you for making me a mom. My heart.. my love.. my everything to my first born babe.. the apple of my eye and the one who captures my heart...

2 comments:

Laurin said...

This is beautiful... brought tears to my eyes as I think about your loss, my loss and so many womens' loss... but the tears are also that of joy that we live in a time that we can talk about our babies openly and honor them by keeping their spirits alive as we wish. Much love, Laurin

amal said...

my name is amal and i too lost a boy he was 3 and a half years old om march 5th 2010 i know just how u feel my kids and i say we are all so sorry for your loss