Sunday, April 18, 2010

Roar



Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it whispers into you. Courage to just be with what is.... probably the hardest type to command. I don't know where it comes from .... deep inside my heart. I remember when I was young I was afraid of the dark... so I would cover my eyes with my blankets at night like the comfort of the cloth could protect me. No such naivety in the death of a child. It takes courage to keep going... knowing you could not help him anymore... knowing you had to let go... knowing that you would have to wait to see him again in heaven. No... courage doesn't always roar... but it takes it time with me. It focuses me... It comes from a place deep within I see it every day.

Joseph can you hear mommy? Beautiful baby... sweet little Joe. I love you so so much and the courage you have.... blinds me. I love you my forever baby - mommy

2 comments:

lis said...

i think courage for us is being able to get out of bed in the morning. anything beyond that is gravy...

xoxo

Jen said...

I echo the above comment..((hugs))