Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Penny

Just when I think the signs have stopped coming... There you are. When I'm down I feel you... When I am lonely you comfort me... When I smile you shine with the sun brighter. Last night while laying on the couch watching TV... I saw you. I almost missed it but you caught your dads attention just in time. I got up to go to bed and on the couch right under where I was sitting.... a Penny. Thank you. It was so sweet for you to leave it for us. I didn't have any pockets.... It was not there when I sat on the couch as I would have seen it... So, Perfect. I put it in my purse zipped in the little compartment where I keep all the little treasures I have. A little reminder of thanks and a little reminder that even the little things can mean a lot. Don't miss the sun rise because you are tired. Keep your ears open for the whispers in the wind. Focus your mind on all that you have.... Remember that something as small as a Penny can mean so much.

Joseph can you hear mommy? I love you my treasure sender. My beacon of strength. I love you to the moon and back.. and hear you in the gifts you give... mommy.

3 comments:

lis said...

Angel's Pennies
Author: Unknown

I found a penny today
Just laying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny
This little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven
that's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels tossed them down
Oh, how I loved that story!

He said when an Angel misses you
They toss a penny down,
sometimes just to cheer you up
To make a smile out of your frown.

So don't pass by that penny
When you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven
That an Angel's tossed to you.

lis said...

thank you for always making me smile. and im glad you smiled through your pain today.

xoxo

Once A Mother said...

what a beautiful little sign. I am so glad that you were able to feel joseph's presence, and love the poem above. Thinking of you my sweet friend, and keeping you in my prayers. xx