Monday, April 12, 2010

Healing




It is always when you least expect it... the tears of a mother roll. Seeing old friends in these pictures urges them out. They are more warriors of hope running and walking for my son. Joseph was with them every step of the way... He carried them to the finish line and filled their hearts and mine. My tears are not over sadness but in how much so many people care. I knew they were running for him and I even got my own shirt to cheer them on from here... but when race day came, ahhhh my thundering heart sang. Seeing the faces of the team... looking at the beautiful day created for them to give... knowing that each step they took was for him. Just perfect. It heals the heart and feeds the soul new life... to begin again... to know that what I am doing is right. I am okay.. I am living and breathing... and hoping and loving. I am a mother.

Joseph can you hear mommy? I miss you so much baby boy... I saw you in many reminders this weekend. Thank you for being with my friends and showing us all once again.. your importance. I love you my son... a thousand kisses. mommy.

2 comments:

Jill said...

So touching that your friends ran for Joseph! He will always be remembered and loved. xo

lis said...

what a great bunch of friends you have. you are okay and it can only get better from here...

xoxo