Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dr. Z

I have the kindest RE. His name is Dr. Z. His staff... himself just very good for me. They are gentle with my heart but firm in the ground they stand. They leave me hopeful and happy. I go there today with my husband. To assess the miscarriage I just had and find out why.. or why they think anyway I don't know if why could really be answered. We will find out how my body is holding up and see if I am gaining strength to move forward. We will try again by the end of summer if I am ready. Things I like about my Dr Z. He doesn't want to rush into anything. He takes his time with every appointment... He believes that there is more I can do on my own than he can do for success (that gives me the power to have children back) That is a hard one to explain. Knowing I can't do it on my own is so hard for my brain to compute... By him telling me that I make the difference with how I'm ready makes be believe that I am still in charge of this.. and success is in my hands. So we ready by... going to acupuncture.... going to a nutritionist for supplements... working out the body in the gym for the physical and seeing a councilor for mental wellness. NOW that is one well rounded Dr.. You won't see his name in any article for multiple births (ie: Nadia Crazy Octomom on Oprah today) but you will find him outside with his kids... walking in a charity event.. or being the coach... or right beside me... holding my hand on the next journey. It is not often when you can say that your Dr... really shows up for you. This one does. I am thankful. As we dip one toe back into the water....

Joseph can you hear mommy? I know you can my son. You are my courage... to know that I can do this.. that I will be a mother to your brother or sister one day. I love you my precious little baby... my sweet Joe... until forever all my love.. mommy

3 comments:

Jen said...

((hugs)) it sounds like you are certainly on the right track..one little step at a time makes a big difference.. proud of you!

Ashley said...

Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.
Im going in an hour...

lis said...

hoping you get some kind of guidance from your lovely doctor. thinking of you

xoxo