Thursday, February 25, 2010

Treasure


Father and Son. So glad to have this... It is a treasure. My boys. My heart walking around on the outside of my body... beating for them. Seeing it always brings tears to my eyes. Love in my heart. This is after. After the fight. After the death. After when we finally got to hold our child without all the tubes and plugs. Comfort and strength... disbelief. Small relief that the pain is now gone. Big love. A hole in my heart still beating but with less. That space never to be filled again only for him. This child and this man part of me. Joy.

Joseph can you hear mommy? I love you my little one.. my own. Until forever.. your Mommy.

4 comments:

Salma said...

Beautiful

margaret said...

Heartbreaking and beautiful all at once.

Once A Mother said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Once A Mother said...

what I meant to say was tears of beauty and pain for you at seeing this photo.