Friday, February 19, 2010

Mess

Nothing good happens when you get a phone call at 4:45 in the morning. My mom is sick and that is awful. She has valley fever and didn't want to "bother" me because, you know... I'm grieving. Ahh yeah so that is a whole different chapter in my book. Needless to say she needed help at 4:45 AM. Here is the conversation.

mom: I need help with my medicine
me: What do you need?
mom: I can't get it because I'm coughing too much
me: I'll be right over.

I hang up fly down the road in my PJ's no bra and slippers. I was thinking... She couldn't get to the medicine because she was feeling so weak or maybe couldn't get the lid open or something.. I walk in ..

me: where is your medicine
mom: At the store nobody got my prescriptions filled
Me: why didn't you tell me that yesterday when the stores were open?
Mom: I didn't want to bother you because your grieving.

WTF?!! So off to find a 24 hour pharmacy I go.. Find one and mind you I now remember I have no money with me.. SO back to the house.. back to the store. Get meds..get soup, juice, cough drops and take it back to her house.

Me: Here is all the stuff.. I hope you feel better
Mom: I don't want to take any medicine
me: why not?
Mom: because I feel bad I made you go when you are grieving.
me: that is just dumb - take the medicine feel better and I'll call you in a few hours to make sure you are doing better. I love you
Mom: I love you too I'm sorry about Joseph.

Ah WTF? I think I am ready for parenthood.


Joseph can you hear mommy? I know you did this morning and thank you for keeping my patients in check. I love you son who is so beautiful. The sun rose while I was out helping your mamalene... I saw you smile as the ray came over the mountain. I love you until forever, Mom.

1 comment:

Salma said...

Ah, that's too bad. I am so sorry and I am sad that she is also grieving little Joseph. I hope your mom gets better soon.

*HUGS*