Saturday, February 27, 2010

AMA

Tomorrow I will officially be AMA. Advanced Maternal Age. Thanks mother nature! I feel like I'm 25 so I'm not sure why this 35 thing is rearing its ugly head in my mind. I'm in good shape and take care of myself so this really should not be an issue but... it... AMA does not sound good to me. Some light on this side of a sarcastic morning? My Eggs are only 33 years old so THERE. (See I don't act like I'm 35) My husband and I had IVF in 2008. We were lucky and got 33 eggs. 24 of them fertilized. We couldn't do the fresh IVF due to more issues with me... So they all froze. In January of 2009 we used 8 to get Joseph. Funny how everything has a reason.. Joseph is my dads 8th grandchild too. Things that make you go hummm. At any rate I've got 16 babies waiting for me. More things that more than a coincidence... They finally called about our Marker for Joseph's big boy place. It was supposed to take 8 weeks... it has been 16 weeks and they told us that it will be just a bit longer. They will get the Marker on the 8th of March and it takes 2 days to put it on.... so that brings us to the 10th. Ahhh that is the day will be doing out transfer. SO... take THAT AMA. You can't stop me.

Joseph can you hear mommy? My beautiful boy... so patient and strong. I love you my son. I miss you my baby....mommy

3 comments:

Salma said...

Thanks for sharing this Brandy. I hear ya, I want more than anything to get mother nature out of my way or on my side.

I know you are grieving, but this post made me laugh. Nothing's gonna stop us. good luck with the transfer.

Jenn said...

I guess I will AMA in year too! We are hoping to add to our family again too at some point. I will be thinking about you on the 10th and cheering you on. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way for a sibling for Joseph!

Kat said...

33 EGGS??? 24!! 16 left? Oh my! You are a blessed lady! I realize, you'd feel much more blessed with you little man Joseph with you, and I wish he was too, but WOW!!
I pray the transfer is successful!