Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Knowing

There is a look. One that I see in every woman's eyes... it is knowing. It is loving and gripping with the fact that there is infant death. I do hear the comment I don't even know how you are dealing with this... I couldn't even imagine. The fact is if it is a mother and I look at her.. she does know, maybe all to well. Maybe only in the pit of her stomach. The wrenching feeling that squeezes the air out of your lungs.. the heart pounding that beats in your ears.. the honest truth and pain of the tears that slip out of their eyes. You can feel it when you see your children and what would it be if they were not. A thousand ways women can empathise.....They may not have experienced loss but they can feel what it is to have it happen when I look at them. I see the sorrow they have for me because if it happened to them it would destroy them as it has parts of me. If it did already happen to them in one way or another I see it ten fold. Silence where you just can't breathe. Mind numbing where you can't think to utter any word. Love as the tears stream down the face. Hurt in the deep crevasses of our being. Hope that they can take your pain away even for one brief moment. I am shaken... I am weathered by the storm.... but I am not beaten.... because of us women... in one look of an eye, knowing.....

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That was beautiful.