Thursday, December 10, 2009

Marker

I've been calling about Josephs marker for 2 weeks. We got a custom marker made for Joseph that has his footprint on it. The footprint cast in plaster so we can see and feel the toes and more of him. They told us it would take 6-8 weeks. As we approach 8 weeks I figured any day now they will be calling us with the marker. Nope. Yesterday I got a message from Melchner... they forgot to order it. WHAT? How can someone forget to order something so important. Frustration is not the word here. They told me that we had not signed the final proof for the bronzed foot. So don't you think if you had a plaster cast baby foot sitting on your desk for the past 7 weeks you would think to call the parents and tell them that something had yet to be done? Don't I remember them coming to our house to have us sign said proof? I know people make mistakes but come on. I'm tired of everything happens for a reason. I want my sons marker. I drove over to sign the proof and asked that they do everything possible to get this thing done and to us so we can honor Josephs place of rest. In the back of my mind I know that it is not the marker... but it is just one thing that as his parent I can do for him and yet.. I can't seem to get it done!

Joseph Can you hear mommy? We turned on the heat last night for the first time this year. I could feel you snuggling into my lap as I dosed off in the chair. I dreamed of you in the place between awake and asleep and you looked so peaceful. I am glad for your peace and I'm sending you snugly hugs from here. I love you, baby boy... I love you Mommy.

1 comment:

Huntress said...

Lame lame lame. Yeah I know people make mistakes, but there are some issues that you work overtime to stay on top of. So sorry Brandy...this is the height of insensivity which is something an outfit like this should be specializing in. So now you get to use your warrioress energy to stay on their case so that they do it fast and right. There is a place for that fierceness in all of this, too, Brandy.

I love you Dear One...
me