Saturday, December 12, 2009

Finishing the Nursery


A friend of mine at work has a very talented husband. He has been working on the canvas paintings for the nursery for some time. When Joseph died we decided that we still wanted to have the paintings finished. One of the things we really wanted to do was finish the nursery. Here is one of the paintings done. Amazing. This is the best gift we could have gotten. I feel like we really did get things done for him. Joseph would have loved this room so much. Bright colors all done in Muppet's. He was for sure going to be an animal! Finishing the nursery is allowing us to remember our son and it will also allow us to move forward just a little bit. We are going to keep the room finished until we are ready but have already started moving things around to make it different. I love turning on the light in the morning and saying good morning to my baby... Now the room feels so warm and inviting.
Joseph can you hear mommy? Do you like the beautiful paintings in your room? I know you do. You are smiling down from heaven on me right now. I feel your love. I'm holding you so close to me right now and I'm singing your song. Oh Joseph Jean, How much I love you. Mommy

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Wow,
I found you by accident. I am waiting in anticipation of my new grand baby boy and I came up on your blog.I want to say I am sorry for your loss but I am sure you have heard so much of that. I want to make you feel better and encourage you. I am a mother and I know how I would feel If this happened to us. I am praying for you right now, for comfort and peace in your life. I don't know you but I want to help in some way. The only way I know is to pray. I hope 2010 will be your year of great joy and happiness. God Bless you and I am looking forward to reading more. Maureen(yoursmineandours-maureen.blogspot.com)