Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Every body's baby

Joseph will always be my little baby boy... forever. Yesterday's email I got from Kristin Shcoop touched me very deeply. I had not talked to her or seen her in 15 years. She had the courage to write to me and say that she thought about me every day... and Joseph even more. She has 3 boys of her own. She told me she felt protective of Joseph and as a mom of boys proud of him in her own way. She asked my story and told me she would like to listen if I was willing to talk. I felt compelled to tell her everything. That was good to do. When I started to write back to her I realized that Joseph is every body's baby. He is our son. He is the grandson to my dad.. my mom.. Paul's mom.. and to my mother in my heart. He is the little boy to all of the "old ladies" at the gym.... He is the baby to Kristin in her heart and in so many others... He is love.... he is hope... and he is all of ours forever. It is comforting to know that he reached out and touched the lives of so many... and we will never be the same. That is powerful.

Joseph can you hear mommy? You have touched the lives of so many people. SO many mommy's... daddy's.. aunties and more. You have stretched your love into every body's hearts.. I am proud of you. I love you and I miss you and I will love to until forever.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Brandy, the painting that came to me three weeks ago is so alive now. It wants to be painted! I know the name of it...Joseph's Journey...and I'll be diving in when I get back home. He is everybody's baby...