Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dinners

Paul and I have been so fortunate to have so many friends... I am stunned by the outpouring of support that we have received. One of my friends set up "dinner" for us... We have been getting dinner made for us every other night since Joseph passed. It has been so nice. It is such a little thing but makes the world of difference to us. I love that I have not had to go to the grocery store in a month. Last night we had white chili in bread bowls. YUM. There are a lot of people out there that are talented cooks. I don't know how to thank everyone enough. I know that they will always be in my heart.. and a part of Josephs forever.
As the dinner list slows down I find myself wondering what to do for dinner.. We have people lined up to come until 11/28 and then what? I know, we go back to our regular dinner routine.. I don't want to. Somehow having everyone reach out and come over has helped me so much. It keeps Joseph at the front of every one's mind, not just mine. I know that he has touched so many lives.. but I want him to be remembered all the time. It is just dinner to most but it is more to me.

Joseph Henry, can you hear mommy? I remember the first dinner we had when I found out that I was pregnant with you. Your daddy and I were proud of you from day one. You were a fighter your whole life. I miss you so much and I love you even more. I just wish that we were all sitting down to dinner together.

No comments: