Thursday, November 26, 2009

Butterball

Joseph Henry was a butterball. He was 20 1/2 inches long but had chubby rolls on his arms and legs too. He was so cute and round with cheeks you just wanted to pinch and kiss all day long. Today is Thanksgiving. I still have a lot to be thankful for. I am most thankful for baby Joe's life. It was short but, it was full. He was here to touch my sole and it touched deep. Baby Joe would not have had even as long of a life as he did have without the nurses and Dr's at Phoenix Children's Hospital. I am Thankful for that hospital. Thankful for all of the staff that treated our son and kept him safe for those short 37 hours. Those nurses our angels right here on earth. I am thankful for my husband, Paul. He is my everything. Together we will get through this different people, but more loving if that is possible of one another. I am thankful for my "heart mom" who nurses my heart. I am thankful for my sister, Jill who was by my side ever single second I was in the hospital. Who is strong for me even when she does not feel strong. I am thankful for all of my family and my friends who were there for me in my time of need and still are every day here with dinner or checking in. Without that support, that love I think I would still be in bed. I am greatful.

Joseph can you hear mommy? Happy Thanksgiving baby... I'm gobbling you up from here. I'm sending you hugs and snuggles and lots and lots of tender kisses. I miss you baby boy and I wish you were here with us today but, I am also thankful you are in heaven with no hurts or pain.. perfect. My little butterball I love you... mom.

3 comments:

Huntress said...

He was a beautiful baby...so beautiful. But more than what our eyes could see. He was/is a beautiful BIG soul who was able to bring in so much in such a little time and left us gifts that will resonate for the rest of our lives. Thank you baby Joseph Henry. Thank you from my heart so full of love for you.

Salma said...

Dear Brandy,

I looked at those cheeks and thought the same thing.

I know it will not be the same without Little Joseph on Thanksgiving, but it's great that you are thankful for what you have.

Salma said...

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving.