Monday, November 9, 2009

Brighter moments

And may the future hold brighter moments... I held the brightest moment in my life, my son. I had him in my arms and the world was perfect. I can still feel how heavy he was. I can smell him. I can feel the soft smoothness of his skin and the striations that were on his feet. Everyone I know has been so helpful, so healing for me but, when they tell me that the future will have brighter moments I doubt that. I had mine and I never want that to change.

I saw this post on someone Else's web site the other day. It stopped me and I know the answer...

Once A Mother

A man who has lost his wife is called a widower.
A child without a parent is called an orphan.
But what of a woman who's only child has passed?
What am I to be called?

... I still want to be called " a mom" and we are still a "family".

Baby Joe can you hear mommy? I bet because I've been talking to you all morning. My arms are wrapped around you and I'm holding you so close. I'm kissing your sweet face right now and loving you. I miss you, my sweet baby boy. I love you so much.

1 comment:

stacy said...

Brandy, you are forever a mother. A mother to Baby Joe and a mother to your future children. You carried your son in your womb caring and loving and nurturing him. You held him and loved him when he was born until he went to be with Jesus. You are a mother in every sense of the word.

When I was a little girl I always played with baby dolls and carried around bottles and diaper bags. When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was a wife and a mother.

Undoubtedly, God is sovereign and when He created man, He had to create a woman. She is the backbone of society. Without her procreation would be just a thought. But with her, with MOTHER, comes and grace and care and kindness and nurturing and most of all unconditional love. That's why I believe God chose Mary to be Jesus' mother. He needed someone to care for His Son during his time on earth.

How amazing is it that God chose YOU to be Baby Joe's mommy during his time on this earth. What a special priveledge you have. :)

In Christ's love,
Stacy Kuhl